Plazma Fiziği, Plazma Teknolojisi, High Voltage, Vacuum coating, Microcontrolled Electronics devices, Physics Experiment Sets Production, Atmospheric discharges, Plasma Jet, Plasma Torch, Plasma spectroscopy, Medical applications of plasma systems, Computational Fluid Dynamics , Magnetohydrodynamics, Navier Stokes, Fluid technology
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA.
PhD in Nuclear Engineering, April 1993 (Computational)
Thesis Title: Computational Investigations of Ideal Magneto-hydrodynamic Plasmas with Discontinuities.
Advisors: Terry Kammash, Phillip L. Roe, Ronald Gilgenbach, William R. Martin
M.Sc. in Nuclear Engineering, 1988 (Experimental)
Thesis Title: Design of Langmuir and Emissive Probes in DC Glow Discharges. (Experimental)
Advisor: Mary Brake
Advanced course work included Plasma Physics, Experimental Plasma Physics, Nuclear Measurements, Nuclear Physics, Reactor Physics, Charged Particle Beams, Particle Accelerator Design, Radiation Physics, Laser Physics, Fusion Technology, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Quantum Physics, Electro-Dynamics
HACETTEPE UNIVERSITY, Ankara, TURKEY.
B.S. in Engineering Physics, 1984. Completed the requirements of Engineering Physics with advanced courses such as Electromagnetic Theory, Quantum Physics, Solid State Physics, Statistical Physics, Semi-Conductor Technology, Electronics, Low Temperature Physics, Semiconductor Devices Technology etc. As a requirement of the department, all laboratory experiments following the model of the University of Berkeley were completed
NATIONAL METROLOGY INSTITUTE (UME)., İstanbul TURKEY. (1999-)
Official Consultant to develop a brand new national plasma laboratory with full responsibility
ASELSAN MILITARY ELECTRONICS INC., Ankara, TURKEY. (1985)
A job training position in the design and production of power supplies for military telecommunication devices (1985). The development of test devices.
Academic Consultant for Electric & Solar Car Team
Developing electric motor driver circuits, full electric car, full solar car to join national & international races. We won 3rd price in solar car race in Turkey and became 7th in electric car race in Europe. In addition we are in contact with the Freewire Co., USA to establish electric car charging stations.
ELES Elektromekanik Lab.&Energy Systems (www.eleselektromekanik.com),
Yedpa Ticaret Merkezi H1-2P No:107 Ataşehir-İstanbul, TURKEY. Family LLC to produce and market
a) Physics-Electronics Experiment Sets for Primary, High Schools and Universities and
b) high voltage power supplies, atmospheric pressure plasma jet systems for surface activation, modification and sterilization and vacuum chamber systems for thin film coating for universities and private companies.
YEDİTEPE UNIVERSITY, İstanbul, TURKEY. (1998‑
Professor in the Physics Department, MBA department.
MARMARA UNIVERSITY, İstanbul, TURKEY. (1993-1998)
Associate Professor in Physics Department. Thought BS., MS., and PhD level courses, organized, designed, and established a new undergraduate Electronics Laboratory (with full responsibility).
ENTES ELECTRONICS Co.,, İstanbul, Turkey. (1996-1999)
Consultant and R/D Coordinator. Provided technical and theoretical help for EMI (Electromagnetic Immunity) and EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) of electronic devices produced by ENTES Electronics Co. Received a R/D GRANT for this company from TUBITAK (Turkish NSF).
ÇEKMECE NUCLEAR RESEARCH CENTER, İstanbul, TURKEY.(1993-2005)
Official Consultant in Nuclear Engineering Division. Providing support for the recent developments
in numerical methods in Computational Fluid Dynamics and working on the Natural Convection
and Incompressible Flows in Channels as it applies to Nuclear Reactor Safety, and visualization and
parallelization of CFD codes.
ELİMSAN ELECTRONICS Co.,, İstanbul, Turkey. (2006)
Consultant. Worked and completed the industrial project: Rogowski Coil Design for Line Current
Measurements, for TUBITAK (Turkish NSF).
NESA ELECTRONICS Co.,, İstanbul, Turkey. (2008)
Consultant. Worked on the EMC and heat problems of electronic ballasts and electronic
transformers, developed several ballast measurement units
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA. (1986-1993)
Master's thesis (experimental) : the design of an emissive probe and a delayed trigger circuit to
measure the density and temperature distributions of electrons in DC and RF Glow Discharges.
PhD thesis: numerical solutions of Magneto-hydrodynamic Equations with a higher order upwind
(Godunov type) method to investigate fusion and space plasmas.
EASTERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY, Ypsilanti, Michigan, USA (1989-1992)
Lecturer at the Department of Mathematics. Thaught Mathematics and Algebra Classes.
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA. (1990)
Teaching Assistant in Comprehensive Studies Program at the Math. Department.
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA. (1988-1993)
Community Manager for Family Housing. Welcomed and oriented new residents, organized social
and cultural activities.
HACETTEPE UNIVERSITY, Ankara, TURKEY. (1984-1985)
Research Assistant in the department of Nuclear Engineering. Organized Nuclear Engineering
Software Library (including standard Nuclear Reactor Design Codes
- Graduated with honors as the best student from the department of Engineering Physics, Hacettepe University, Turkey, 1984.
- Won two scholarships from Turkey (Education Ministry) & Japan (Monbusho) governments and preferred Turkish scholarship for PhD study in Nuclear Eng. in theUSA, 1985.
- Won the best presentation and best quality of paper awards at the International American Nuclear Society Conference held in Pittsburgh, 1991 USA.
- Selected as the best Physics Instructor by the Engineering Faculty, Marmara University, Turkey, Winter 1994.
- Received awards from Turkish Scientific and Technical Research Council and Turkpetrol Foundation for attending conferences.
- Selected as the best faculty member (among more than 100 academic personal) in the Faculty of Arts and Science, and received an award: Marmara University, 1998.
- Visiting Assoc. Prof. in Nuclear Engineering Dept., University of Michigan (March-Sept., 1997, Jan-Feb., 1999)
- Served as the advisory board member for National High School Physics Projects Competition, MEF Schools, Istanbul (2004-2006)
- Served as the academics consultant for the Sports Department of Yeditepe University (2001)
- Received a prize (3rd. degree award) for the 1st Turkish-FORMULA-G: Solar Car Race, (2005) with a solar car developed at the university by directing the Solar Car Team of Yeditepe University
- Advising students as the academic consultant of Science & Technology Club (2004-2006)
- Advising students as the academic consultant of newly established Robotics Club (2006).
teaching micro-processor programming for robotics PID control and developing robotic systems.
- European-COST delegate for management committee representing Turkish Scientific-Research Council (Tübitak) –for (COST-P17, Processing of Materials by Electromagnetic field), 2005‑
- Received best presentation and best research awards- Water Sterilization By Plasma Application. SYMBIO Conference, Kazan. 30 June-8 July, (2009). Kazan, Tataristan
- Best medical physics paper award,10th National Radiation Onkology
Congress, İstanbul-Turkey 2012
- Received several short term fellowships and grants from University of Michigan.
- Received grant from NATO Collaborative Research Grants Programme on December 1994 to pursue research with Prof. Terry Kammash and Phillip Roe, University of Michigan-USA.
Received a renewal on this grant on 1997.
- Received a long term (4 yrs) grant from NSF (National Science Foundation), USA with Prof. Terry Kammash and Phillip Roe from University of Michigan 1996-1999.
- Received 2 Research/Development grants from TÜBİTAK (Dept. of Scientific Technical Research) for ENTES and NETA Electronics Co.
- Received grant from NATO Collaborative Research Grants Programme on Apr. 2000 to pursue research with Prof. Igor Ruthkevich & Michael Mond University of Ben Gurion-Israel
- Received a grant from Taiwan Science Foundation (2001 summer, 3 months) for a research in National Taiwan University, Applied Mechanical Eng. Dept., on Incompressible Flows with Heat transfer and concentration effects as it applies to fuel cell flows
- Received a fellowship from TRIL Program(2003): The Abdus-Salam International Center for Theoretical Physics, for a research on incompressible MHD fuels as it applies to electro-magnetic control of liquid metals at the Applied Mathematics Department, MHD Consortium, Trieste, Italy
- Received an Academic Equipment Grant from SUN Computers Co. including 6 powerful SUN Computers (64Mbit) and established a new Computational Fluid Dynamics and Parallel Processing Laboratory at the Physics Department, Yeditepe University (2004).
- Received a 3-yr grant from Turkish Scientific-Research Council (Tübitak) for the project entitled: “ Flow control of Liquid metals by external electric and magnetic fields), 2006:TBAG-U/166 (105T547)
- Received a 2-yr international grant from Turkish Scientific-Research Council (Tübitak) for the project entitled: “Hollow Cathode and Magnetron Plasma Sputtering for Surface Modification of Metals and Textiles:TBAG- 110T578. Collaboration with National Academy of Sciences, Ukraine partially supported by NASU (2011).
- Plasma Metrology Laboratory Grant from Turkish Scientific-Research Council (Tübitak) for developing a new plasma laboratory with full responsibility in National Metrology Institute (2019)
- PhD: Turgay Çoruhlu, Yeditepe University Physics Department: “Industrial Applications of Vacuum Plasma Processes”, in progress 2010
- PhD: Fatma Özen, Yeditepe University Genetics & Biotechnology Department: “Inhibition of biofilm formation on medical surfaces by a novel plasma system, 2017
- PhD: Türkay Toklu , Yeditepe University Physics Department: “Use of Monte Carlo techniques in external beam radiation therapy of lung cancer, 2016
- PhD: Tuba $en, Yeditepe University Physics Department: “Industrial applications of plasma Systems-(textiles-metal surfaces)”, 2016
- PhD: Alper Elkatmı§, Tübitak Metrology Institute, UME, “Ferrofluids and electromagnetic control by external fields”, 2011
- Ms : Gülay§e Gürsoy, Yeditepe University Physics Department: “Plasma Diagnostics Techniques for Industrial Applications”, 2011
- Ms: Ceyda Gürol “ Bacterial Elimination by Plasma Corona Discharge”, 2011
- Ms: Ömer Aşçı : “ Investigation of Ferromagnetism-Paramagnetism Phase Change by Monte Carlo Method in Ising Spin System”, 2011
- PhD: Kenan $entürk , Yeditepe University Physics Department: “Liquid Metal Flows by Incompressible MHD Solver”, 2011
- Ms: Eylem Çoker, Yeditepe University Physics Department: “Solutions of the Navier-Stokes and MHD Equations and Technological applications using Matrix-Distribution with N-Method”, 2006
- PhD: $ölen Balcı, Marmara University Physics Department: “The Numerical Solutions of MHD Equations by Fluctuation Splitting on Triangular Grids”, 2000
- Ms: Cansu Çoban, , Marmara University Physics Department: “Relativistic MHD Equations”, 1999
- Ms: Vildan Üstoğlu, Marmara University Physics Department: “Numerical Euler & MHD Equations”, 1996